The one and only demand of the gangsters was the release of Chatradhar Mahato, the most beloved Maoist ‘pseudo’ tribal leader of Medha Patkar, Mahasweta Devi and the ‘so-called’ human rights activists, who not only shamelessly and audaciously justify and glorify but also defend all the criminal activities of the Maoists. These ‘so-called’ intellectuals and human right activists have not yet spent a single word to condemn the cowardly act of keeping in captivity innocent passengers including women and children by their dearly loved Maoists for hours together.
It is also most shocking and unfortunate that while addressing a press conference at the same time in New Delhi, Mamata Banerjee did not utter even a single word against the Maoists. Even she avoided naming them, who are every now and then engaged in murdering innocent people and security forces as well as blowing up railway tracks, trains, railway stations, schools, mobile towers, bridge and government buildings in the country. On the other hand, she said that the incident was not the handiwork of the Maoists. She ridiculously and irresponsibly misspent time in trying to put the blame on the CPI (M) for the incident in order to earn petty and narrow political mileage instead of arranging timely measures for the rescue of the endangered passengers. When the Home Ministry of the Central Government very categorically refused any talks with the criminals for a swap, she even wanted to have a discussion with the Maoist gangsters surpassing her limits.
It is proved beyond all doubts that the Indian Railways and its passengers are no longer safe and secure in the hands of Mamata Banerjee who herself is a collaborator of the Maoists and allowing them to destroy national properties in a pre-planned manner.
Many many thanks and congratulations both to the Central Home Minister and the Chief Minister of West Bengal for taking a tough and bold stand in time. Their well-timed intervention enabled safe and sound rescue of the ill-fated passengers.
Last but not the least. The utter irresponsibility and perversion of the Central Minister Sisir Adhikari have surpassed all tolerable limits.
While the mayhem was still going on, he declared that the previous day (26-10-2009) at 7-30 p.m. he had received advance information from a secret source about the incident to take place next day. Now, the following questions arise very naturally and logically.
(1) If so, why did not he inform the matter to his Supremo Mamata Banerjee who is also the Railway Minister of the entire country and the Central Government in which he is a Minister?
(2) Why did not he even inform the matter to the Railway Ministry in the interest of the safety and security of the passengers?
(3) Being a central minister, why did not he inform the intelligence agencies of the country?
(4) Why did not the intelligence agencies of the country and the railway intelligence did not receive any such advance information from their own sources.
(5) When the train was stopped, why few hundred TMC supporters took out processions and rallies at Midnapur Town in support of the detention of the Rajdhani Express and its passengers by the Maoists?
Last but not the least. The mysterious movements of the Central Minister Sisir Adhikari in the evening of the previous day (26-10-2009) have raised many questions.
(1) Why did he go to Midnapur Medical College & Hospital at 7-00 p.m. to see Sahebram Murmu and other Maoists now under treatment for injury received while fighting with joint forces at Lalgarh?
(2) Why did he support the Maoists while addressing a rally in front of the office of the Subdivisional Officer, Midnapur the same day?
(3) Why did he attend a meeting with the Maoists at night of 25-10-2009 in the house of TMC leader Salil Saha at Shalboni? It may be noted that immediately after this meeting the Maoists gave a call for “3 Day Bandh” in the Jangalmahal areas.
The cabinet is a collective responsibility in a democracy. The Prime Minister is accountable to the entire nation for the activities of his ministers. He cannot deny or avoid his responsibility. There are only two options before him now.
(1) He should sack Mamata Banerjee and other ministers belonging to her party immediately and put all of them behind bar for trial for collaborating with anti-national terrorist outfits in waging war against the nation;
(2) Take immediate necessary steps to desist them from taking recourse to such anti-national and anti-people activities.